Tuesday, December 09, 2008

#910 Misato From Sapporo, Japan, Dangerous Kissing In China


Show 910 Monday 8 December
Watch today’s show at YouTube or BlipTV.


Hi, I’m Sarah, welcome to The Daily English Show.

Today’s guest is Misato. She spent a year in Toronto, in Canada and she’s now a student at Hokusei Gakuen University in Sapporo, Japan. I met her at this year’s JALT conference in Sapporo and I asked her why she came to the conference.

I joined, ah, volunteer in Toyako summit, G8 summit volunteer. So … and it was fun so I joined this too.



STICK NEWS

Kia Ora, in Stick News today a girl’s eardrum was ruptured due to an excessively passionate kiss.

Reuters has reported a girl in her twenties went to a hospital in southern China completely deaf in her left ear. Doctors said the damage was caused by a passionate kiss with her boyfriend. A doctor said the kiss reduced pressure in the mouth, pulled the eardrum out and caused the breakdown of the ear. They said the woman’s hearing would likely return to normal after about two months. A report in a Chinese newspaper said: while kissing is normally very safe, doctors advise people to proceed with caution.

And that was Stick News for Monday the 8th of December.
Kia Ora.





conversations with sarah
#566 Why are you studying English?

Step 1: Repeat Sarah’s lines.
Step 2: Read Sarah’s lines and talk to Misato.

Sarah Why are you studying English?

Misato I like English and enjoyed many English movies and music. And first time I studied English at junior high school my teacher was very nice. She taught us Beatles songs and so that’s why I got interested in English.

Sarah What were you doing in Canada?

Misato I was studying at ESL for about four month. And I had work permit so I was working there.

Sarah What was your job?

Misato I was working at vintage store in, kind of, Kensington Market.

Sarah Was that a good experience?

Misato My co-worker was very nice and there are many foreigners and immigrants in Toronto. So, they are very friendly. Even though my English wasn’t perfect, they tried to understand my thoughts and feelings.

Sarah Do you have any advice for people who are learning English?

Misato I say just enjoy because I studied English mostly from movies and music and magazines.

Sarah What movies do you recommend?

Misato My favourite movie is Eternal Sunshine.

Sarah How do you study with movies?

Misato First I watch with Japanese subtitles and later I watched with English subtitles. And if I find some interesting phrase or idioms, I try to take notes.



links

today's news
today's STICK NEWS pictures

music

show start
artist: Boom Tschak
album: Indietronic CCBit.
track: More Chocolate, Please
from: Former Yugoslavia
MySpace

cws start
artist: Wolfgang S.
album: Indietronic CCBit.
track: Dynamite
from: Belgrade, Serbia, Former Yugoslavia
artist site
MySpace

qa start
artist: ioeo
album: triptracks
track: triptrack2
from: Saint Raphael, France
album at Jamendo
artist at Jamendo
artist site

qa bgm
artist: Kevin MacLeod
track: Bass Vibes
artist site
YouTube channel

Did you notice a mistake in this script? Please leave us a comment and tell us! We really appreciate people pointing out our mistakes.Thank you.

Have you translated this script - or part of it - into your language for English practice and published it on your blog? Please leave a comment and a link so other people can read your translation. Thank you.

No comments: