Thursday, June 15, 2006

Show 73 Wednesday 14 June


Watch today's show at grouper or YouTube.


STICK NEWS

Kia Ora. This is Stick News.
A man robbed a post office in Tokyo last month. But then he felt guilty. So he returned the money with interest, then turned himself in.

The 33-year-old man said he really needed some money, so he robbed a post office.
He stole 340,000 yen.
Then, after the robbery, he was in a traffic accident and got money for compensation.
Then he regretted robbing the post office. So he went back, wearing a mask, and returned the money – with an extra 10,000 yen.
But he still felt guilty, so he turned himself in at a police station.


And that was Stick News for Wednesday the 14th of June. Kia Ora.



conversations with sarah

# 48 How would you do it?
Conditional tense practice

Jane asks Sarah a random question about robbing a bank.
Step 1: Repeat Jane's lines.
Step 2: Read Jane's lines on the screen and talk to Sarah.

Jane  Hey Sarah...

Sarah Yeah?

Jane  If you were going to rob a bank, how would you do it?

Sarah If I was going to what?

Jane  Rob a bank.

Sarah If I was going to rob a bank?

Jane  Yeah. How would you do it?

Sarah Ummm. Well, I wouldn’t rob a bank.

Jane  Yeah, I know. But hypothetically speaking...

Sarah OK. Hypothetically speaking...umm...if I was going to rob a bank, what would I do? Mmm Well I don’t like guns, so I don’t want to use a gun. Maybe I could just ask for it nicely: “can you please give me some money?” But then I guess that wouldn’t be robbing would it. I know, I’ll wear my dogi and go in there and make some strange sounds.



Notes:

Read today's news here.

What does emo mean?

Music by Kenji Williams.
You can listen to it or buy it here.
Used with permission from magnatune.com

No comments: