Monday, May 12, 2008

#729 Ginger Cake


Watch today's show on YouTube or BlipTV.

Sunday Kitchen #94 Ginger Cake

There’s a popular slice in New Zealand called Ginger Crunch. I decided to make something inspired by Ginger Crunch. It didn’t really come out quite like I imagined, but it was still pretty tasty, so I’ll tell you how I made it. My first problem is that I don’t have an oven so I decided to try cooking it in a kind of frying pan oven. It actually worked pretty well.

So, this is what I did:
First I put a cup of flour in a bowl. Then I added a teaspoon of baking powder. And a quarter of a teaspoon of salt. And a quarter of a teaspoon of cinnamon.

Then in another bowl, I put half a cup of sugar, quarter of a cup of oil and a quarter of a cup of soymilk.

Then I grated some ginger. I added a teaspoon of grated ginger to the liquid stuff. Then I added the liquid to the dry stuff. And I mixed it.

Then I put it in a little cake tin which I brought from the 100 yen shop. Then I put the cake tin in the frying pan and put a lid on the frying pan. And I cooked it over a very low heat for twenty minutes. Then I took it out of the tin and put it on this rack.

Then I got a pot and I put a third of a cup of sugar in and added a tablespoon of oil. And a tablespoon of soymilk. Then I added a teaspoon of grated ginger. Actually I put all the rest of the ginger in too because I thought I might as well.

I cooked it for a few minutes and I put it on the cake. Then I took some photos of it, and then ate it. Not all at once of course.

It didn’t really taste like Ginger Crunch because it was more cakey than crunchy but it still tasted pretty good and I was quite proud of myself for making a cake without an oven.




music

show start
artist: BrunoXe
album: aprendiendo desde 2004
track: Mandrake
from: Jerez, Spain
album at Jamendo
artist at Jamendo
artist site

other music
artist: Paul D. Miller aka Dj Spooky
album: Dj Spooky's contribution for the 'One Laptop Per Child Project'
track: Moon rain
from: New York, United States
album at Jamendo
artist at Jamendo
artist site

Did you notice a mistake in this script? Please leave us a comment and tell us! We really appreciate people pointing out our mistakes.Thank you.

Have you translated this script - or part of it - into your language for English practice and published it on your blog? Please leave a comment and a link so other people can read your translation. Thank you.

No comments: