Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Show 349 Tuesday 17 April


Watch today’s show at YouTube or BlipTV.

Hi, I’m Sarah. Welcome to The Daily English Show.

Well, yesterday I was an extra in a movie.
And it was very boring. I just sat in a chairlift for about 4 hours.
And I didn’t see anything exciting at all, like movie stars or red carpets.
And I wasn’t actually in the shot anyway ... so I think my chances of getting an Oscar are pretty small.
But, I didn’t come away empty handed. True to their word, they gave the extras a present for our 4 hours work.
I got two presents even. One was this keitai strap, advertising beer.
And one was this, which, believe it or not is a necklace ... with a rubber thing on it, with the name of the movie.



STICK NEWS

Kia ora, in Stick News today a Prince in England has broken up with his girlfriend.

William Arthur Philip Louis is a 24-year-old prince from England.
He is second in the line of succession to the British throne.
This means if his grandmother and father both die, he could become King.
William has been seeing a girl called Kate for almost 5 years.
Some people thought they would get married.
But, they broke up.


And that was Stick News for Tuesday the 17th of April.
Kia Ora.



conversations with sarah
#216 What’s the name of the movie?

Step 1: Repeat Matt’s lines.
Step 2: Read Matt’s lines and talk to Sarah.

Matt What’s the name of the movie?

Sarah Giniro no shizin.

Matt What does that mean?

Sarah Silver season.

Matt What’s the movie about?

Sarah I don’t know. Something about skiing I guess.

Matt Who was the director?

Sarah I can’t remember his name. But it was the guy who directed Umizaru. Have you seen that?

Matt No, have you?

Sarah Yeah.

Matt What was it like?

Sarah Terrible. In so many ways. Except for the parts where all the guys took off their shirts. Those parts were pretty good.



music

artist: Klotzsch & Sudermann
album: Holzlaub
track: Thuja Plicata
From: Cologne, Germany

You can download this album here.

No comments: