Saturday, March 24, 2007

Show 324 Friday 23 March


Watch today’s show at YouTube or BlipTV.

Hi, I’m Sarah. Welcome to The Daily English Show.

Yesterday I went up to Hirafu to look at some pottery and it was inside a lodge. And when I was there a woman said to me “are you the girl from The Daily English Show”.
And I was like “yeah!” I was so surprised because that’s the first time anyone has ever asked me that.
And there are so many people in Japan that the odds of someone seeing me online and then actually running into me are pretty small.

So that’s was cool they were a really nice Australian family with some very cute kids.
And hello again if you are watching this.

I also got an email from a Korean person who has been living in New Zealand for 3 years.
And they said:
I (really) have to agree that New Zealand's internet is very slow,some of my friends know YouTube but they just can't be bothered waiting for the videos to load...

And they said the internet in Korea is really fast.
Yeah I heard that too – that it’s really fast in Korea.
And it’s good in Japan too. Fast and cheap.
So, if you like the internet – don’t go to New Zealand. Not yet anyway. Hopefully they’ll sort it out one day.



STICK NEWS

Kia ora this is Stick News. Yesterday CNN reported that NBC and News Corp were ganging up on YouTube.

YouTube is the most popular online video site in the world. It hosts millions of amateur and professionally made videos – including the world’s first daily online English show – The Daily English Show.
Some media giants are jealous of YouTube’s success ... so they decided to make their own site.
YouTube has responded by releasing a statement saying “NBC and News Corp are just haters and they have been blocked.”

And that was Stick News for Friday the 23rd of March.
Kia Ora.



conversations with sarah
#200 Have you ever been recognised before?

Step 1: Repeat Junko’s lines.
Step 2: Read Junko’s lines and talk to Sarah.

Sarah Someone recoginsed me from The Daily English Show today.

Junko Wow. You’re like a celebrity.

Sarah Yeah. Would you like my autograph.

Junko No, I think I’m alright.

Sarah Fine.

Junko Have you ever been recognized before?

Sarah Yeah, when I was a bartender I was kind of famous. People used to say: “Oh it’s the Grand Central girl” or “Wow, you have legs”.

Junko Why did they say that?

Sarah Because they were used to just seeing the top half of me.


No comments: