Monday, March 12, 2007

Show 312 Sunday 11 March


Watch today's show at YouTube or BlipTV.

Sunday Kitchen #39 Muesli

Muesli is a kind of cereal made from oats.
It’s not very popular in Japan.

I’m not a huge fan of Muesli and I don’t eat cereal for breakfast anyway... but today I decided to buy some Muesli.

The stuff I bought was from Switzerland.
I read the ingredients and it said it had spelt flakes in it.
I’d never heard of spelt (flakes) before, so I looked it up.
It’s: an old kind of wheat with bearded ears and spikelets that each contain two narrow grains

Then I had to look up spikelet: The basic unit of a grass flower, consisting of two glumes or outer bracts at the base and one or more florets above.

There were too many words I didn’t understand in that definition so I gave up and decided to eat the muesli.

No comments: