Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Show 93 Tuesday 4 July


Watch today's show at YouTube or grouper
or watch me tv.


STICK NEWS

Kia Ora. In Stick News today, there is crack in the space shuttle Discovery. But NASA is not worried, and is going to launch it anyway.

Discovery was due to lift off from the Kennedy Space Centre in Florida, USA last weekend.
Bad weather caused delays.
Tomorrow morning is the new scheduled lift-off time.
Yesterday, inspectors found the crack in the insulation foam near the shuttle’s fuel tank.
The crack is about 12.7cm by 1cm.
NASA says they don’t need to fix the crack, and they are ready to fly.


And that was Stick News for Tuesday the 4th of July.
Kia Ora.



conversations with sarah
# 61 When would you like to leave?
From the movie The Truman Show.

Truman tries to book a flight to Fiji.
Step 1: Repeat Truman’s lines.
Step 2: Read Truman’s lines on the screen and talk to Sarah.

Travel agent I’m sorry to keep you.

Truman    Oh, that’s OK.

Travel agent How can I help?

Truman    I would like to book a flight to Fiji.

Travel agent When would you like to leave?

Truman    Today.

Travel agent I’m sorry. I don’t have anything for at least a month.

Truman    A month?

Travel agent It’s the busy season. You want to book the flight?

Truman    It doesn’t matter. I’ll make other arrangements.



Links:

Today's news.

The Truman Show at IMDB.

Music today by David Aubrun, from Orleans, France.
From the album My Revolution.
You can listen to the album here at Jamendo.
This is David Aubrun's site.

No comments: